Herbins Cedarwood Oil: – Is 100% Pure essential oil derived from wood of Cedarwood (Deodar). Herbins Cedarwood Oil is ideal for whole body. An effective oil massage that can soothe nervous disorders and stress. Herbins “Cedarwood Essential Oil” is blessing from nature. It can treat acne, oily skin, psoriasis, hair fall, dandruff.
Appearance : Viscous transparent liquid
Aroma : Woody, Sweet, Slight aroma reminiscent of artificial mothballs
Color : Light golden yellow
Chemical constituents: Cedarwood oil has various chemical compounds that include atlantone, caryophyllene, cedrol, cadinene, a-cedrene, b-cedrene, thujopsene, other sesquiterpenes and widdrol.
Extraction: It is extracted by the steam distillation of the wood.
1. The aromatherapy properties of cedarwood oil are antiseborrhoeic, antiseptic, antispasmodic, astringent, diuretic, emmenagogue, expectorant, fungicide insecticide, sedative and tonic.
2. It has a calming and soothing effect on the mind and is of great help in conditions associated with anxiety and nervous tension.
3. Cedarwood oil benefits the skin by its sedating ability which relieves itching.
4. Its astringent action is great for acne, oily skin as well as for hair and dandruff.
5. It helps with chest and urinary infections acts as a general tonic and has a pronounced effect on mucus membranes. It is also useful in cases of arthritis and rheumatism.
6. This high grade fragrance oil is excellent to scent candles, freshen potpourri, in soap making, massage oils and bath oil. It is also used as a perfume body oil also.It adds a warm quality to fragrances.
7. It is also good for dry hair because it increases the ability of the skin and scalp to hold in water.
8. Cedarwood is excellent repellent used for mothproofing and other insects.
How to use : Take an adequate amount of this oil and dilute it with your carrier oil. Gently massage on your body. ( Can also be diluted with bathing water.)