Description: Herbins Frankincense Oil is 100% Pure essential oil derived from Tapping of the bark yield the oleo-resin. Herbins Frankincense Oil is ideal for massage. An effective oil massage that can soothe nervous disorders and stress. Herbins “Frankincense Essential Oil” is blessing from nature. It can treat tension headaches, stress, nightmares and sudden fears.
Appearance: Thin liquid
Aroma: Fresh, woody, balsamic, slightly spicy and fruity
Color: Light yellow
Chemical constituents: Frankincense oil has various chemical compounds that include pinene, actanol, linalool, octyl acetate, boranyl acetate, incensole and incensyl acetate.
Extraction: Tapping of the bark yield the oleoresin
1. Aromatherapy massages using frankincense essential oil on the face, neck and scalp may provide effective relief for tension headaches.
2. Frankincense oil contains sesquiterpenes which stimulate the limbic system, the hypothalamus, the pineal and the pituitary glands. A warm bath with a few drops of frankincense oil counteracts the effects of nightmares and sudden fears.
3. This oil is rejuvenating to the skin, treating acne, bacterial and fungal infections and to treat wounds and scars.
4. It is used in cosmetics, soaps and perfumes.
5. It helps in overcoming or eradicating problems which are related to anxiety, asthma, bronchitis, extreme coughing, scars, stress and stretch marks.
6. It can be used in a manner similar to burning of the incense in spiritual practice. Warming in a candle lamp or direct application to the temples and third eye will quiet the mind, deepen the breath and promote meditative stillness.
7. Frankincense oil can be used to promote and assist with skin rejuvenation and reducing inflammation in acne skin preparations. With hair care products, frankincense oil is ideal for dry hair formulations along with dry and mature skin formulations also.
8. In Dhofar and all the Middle East, frankincense is one of the most prominent fragrances. Wooden fumigating tripods are used to perfume and fumigate clothing. A special incense burner is placed at the base and clothes are layered above. It is distilled and extracted to yield the essential oil, resinoid and absolute.
9. In Oman, a very costly perfume is prepared using these aromatic oils. It is called Amourage and enjoys and international reputation.
10. It is also used to prepare a hair oil which helped fix the hair tight against the head and give it a gleaming appearance. A special talcum powder is prepared by frankincense due to its pleasant odor.
11. Frankincense has been used in a mixture with pitch, sulfur, sawdust and tow, to smear on the end of staves which are very hard to extinguish.
12. Frankincense is also used in making incense and perfumery.
How to use: Take an adequate amount of this oil and dilute it with your carrier oil. Gently massage on your body. ( Can also be diluted with bathing water.)