Botanical Name : Hedychium spicatum
Common Name : Kapoor Kachri, Ginger Lily
Country : India
Parts Used : dried roots
Extraction Method : Steam Distilled
Aroma : warm woody, slightly spicy, slightly sweet smell
Kapoor kachri oil’s plant part is Dried root. Kapoor kachri oil is extracted by steam distillation from dried root . Kapoor Kachri essential oil is used seed as plant part. Kapoor Kachri is also known as Hedychium Spicata in botanical language and Spiked ginger lily, Sandharlika, Takhelli in common language.Its plant grows 1m in height with green leaves and white & orange colour flower.Kapoor Kachri has lots of use like as asthma, Bronchitis, Nauseating and local inflammation and in pain also. The rhizome of plant is also used in medicine for making tonic. Clinical trials have been conducted in tropical eosinophilia with effective results. Kapoor Kachri counteracts had mouth taste and smells.
1. The root stalk is useful in local inflammations, nausea, asthma, bronchitis, hiccups and in pain.
2. The rhizome of the plant is said to be carminative, stimulant and a tonic.
3. It has been described as useful, specially as an anti asthmatic agent.
4. Clinical trials have been conducted in tropical eosinophilia, with promising results.
5. It counteracts had mouth taste and smell.