Herbins Mandarin Oil
Mandarin is a citrus fruit which is also known as Mandarin Orange or Tangerine. But there is a slight difference. Mandarin is more yellow in colour and come with pips while Tangerine is more orange in colour and is without pips. So, Mandarin Essential Oil is also called Tangerine Essential Oil. The botanical name of both of these plants is Citrus Reticulata, which shows that they are same. As the name suggests, Mandarin plant is native to China from where it went to Europe and now Italy is one of the biggest producer of Mandarin Oil.
1. Mandarin essential oil is also a famous moisturizing agent. It is used extensively, and often the main ingredient, in stretch-mark prevention cream, which helps to prevent and reduce the appearance of existing stretch marks in the abdomen area.
2. It is one of the very few oils which can be used during pregnancy, as it will not harm either the mother or the developing child. It usually works best as a preventer during the early stage of pregnancy, before the stretch-marks develop.
3. Mandarin essential oil possesses a very delicate aroma, a nice sparkly citrus, true to the scent of its fresh-peeled fruits. It has distinctive, sweet, citrus top notes and deep, warm, floral undertones to which it owes its value in perfumery works.
4. A wonderful mixture can be created by mixing it with Neroli, Ylang-ylang, Rose and Jasmine.
5. The delicious fragrance of Mandarin is stimulating, refreshing and revitalizing. It creates a feeling of joy and hopefulness.